JESS CHUA: Content Specialist
I read, write, and analyze. ✍️
- Creative and analytical writing professional
- 5+ years of remote work experience
- Passionate about research
- Passionate about simplifying complex information for a positive user experience
Skills and Competencies:
UX Writing Technical Writing Content Strategy Research Visual Design Clear Communication
WordPress HTML CSS Adobe XD Photoshop Canva Figma GitHub
Goal Oriented Self-Motivated Dependable Adaptable Willing to Learn
📝 Work Experience
Optimal Living Daily - Content Specialist (Jan 2019 – Present)
- Applying keen attention to detail with SEO writing and editing tasks for a podcast with over 200 million downloads. Designing newsletters, infographics, and value-added resources.
- Creating sketches and performing UX writing to simplify website text and navigation.
- Creating process documentation, show starter packs and “how to listen” pages.
- Increasing web traffic every quarter. Applying a stringent vetting process for new content.
FlexJobs - Data Entry Specialist (Jan 2015 – Jan 2019)
- Writing SEO optimized summaries and maintaining a high level of accuracy and consistency for a premier telecommuting jobs website.
JessCScott.com - Freelance content writer and designer (Jan 2015 – Dec 2018)
- Wrote, edited, and grew a niche blog to 1.8 million+ views and 550+ subscribers.
- Simplified complex information via high ranking, user-friendly and visually impactful posts.
- Created wireframes and performed content audits. Provided copywriting and marketing design for material showcased at #DMWF 2018 event.
- GitHub (Contributor; 2021 - Present). Writing developer experience articles and contributing to open source projects to gain technical writing, teamwork, and troubleshooting skills.
- UNDP + Swedish EPA (Volunteer; Feb - Mar 2021). As a copyeditor, I listened and recorded thorough notes to provide revisions based on substantive organizer feedback.
- Adams State University - BA in Interdisciplinary Studies (English / Business), 2011
- Stanford University - Writing in the Sciences (certificate with honors), 2020
- Coursera - Courses in UX Design (University of Michigan) and Computational Thinking for Problem Solving (University of Pennsylvania)
🏆 Awards and Interests
- Winner of Musepaper monthly award by New Millennium Writings (essay category; 2020)
- Interests: Reading / Writing / Yoga / Sketching / Creative Problem-Solving / Cats / Tea
This page was created via GitHub Pages using markdown.